Easy Peach Dumplings

Do you have an overabundance of peaches like I do right now and need recipes to use them up?  This can be thrown together in no time at all and it's simply one of the best desserts you will ever taste.
Of course, I missed taking pics of a few steps.  Quarter 4 large ripe peaches.  Wrap each quarter in a crescent roll or pie dough wedge.  Place them seam side down in a greased 8X8 pan.

  • 1 can crescent rolls or cut pie dough into triangles
  • 3/4 stick butter
  • ¾ cups brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoons vanilla
  • cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
  • 3/4 C. orange juice
  • 4 fresh peaches
Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the sugar, stir until the sugar melts. Pour this mixture over the dumplings.  Pour the orange juice around the edges.  Sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.

Bake them at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until they are golden brown.


The juice thickens as these cook.

Serve them warm in a pool of the syrup.  These would be great with vanilla ice cream but since I served them for breakfast, I thought that would be a bit of an overkill!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a must do! Looks delicious and peach season is far from over. I don't have any myself but they are really cheap in the stores right now and I like nectarines even more so perhaps I'll buy those instead. Must buy some already on monday!

Have a great day!
Christer.
Barb said…
Our peaches are wonderful right now. This looks like a very easy way to have them.
Anonymous said…
this looks and sounds lovely, I wonder if you could use homemade dough, the biscuit in cans are so hard to find here,
Suzanne said…
Looks delicious!

thank you for sharing
Jimmie said…
This looks sooooo yummy! For sure, I will try it before the weekend is out!

Thanks from Diane in North Carolina
Nellie said…
I'll bet everyone came running for breakfast, too! Yum!
Anonymous said…
That sounds and looks so good. Thank you for the recipe !!
TARYTERRE said…
I bet those smelled divine baking. YUMMY.
Linda said…
My mouth is watering!
Dee said…
We had peach cobbler and ice cream for breakfast yesterday!
Guillaume said…
A pear is a great fruit to mark the end of summer and the beginning of autumn.
They look marvelous! Another recipe that goes into my "simple" area of my "OCTOBER FARM" book.
Hugs!!
Jennifer said…
Wow! I can't wait to try this! Our peaches are wonderful right now, and I have a big basketfull to use!

Thank you!

Jennifer said…
Wow! I can't wait to try this! Our peaches are wonderful right now, and I have a big basketfull to use!

Thank you!