Turkey Stock and Pimento Cheese Spread

I have to make some easy food for the kids after school program this week since I am busy cooking for Thanksgiving.  I made them a big meat, cheese and fruit platter this morning (forgot to take a pic of it) and I made them some pimento cheese spread.  The recipe is below.
 I harvested some of my celery yesterday.

 And today I am making pots of turkey stock to make turkey gravy.  My house smells like Thanksgiving.

 I doubled the pimento cheese recipe but I will give you the makings of a single recipe.  Combine 1 - 8 oz. bar of cream cheese, 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup of mayo, 1 tsp. of your favorite seasoned salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 small grated onion, 1 tsp. granulated garlic and 4 tablespoons of diced pimento. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for at least a few hours.

 I use the paddle attachment on my mixer to do this.

This is so good spread on crackers and makes a good Thanksgiving appetizer.

Comments

Run, Tom Turkey, run! Hide!
I think I need a taste test--looks yummy! Am sure the after school children enjoy each and every cracker bite
Susan said…
I LOVE pimento cheese! I make it with the pimento olives and have to hide it in the fridge! From myself.
Anonymous said…
That doesn't look bad at all! I rarely have any bigger imagination when it comes to spread something on crackers, usually I buy a blue chees, so I think I'll try this one, even if it is celery in it :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
You make me want to be a kid again.
Nellie said…
Pimento cheese is a favorite around here! Great for an appetizer!
Mary Ann said…
Oh, gosh I know the kids LOVED this!
chickpea678 said…
Do you buy diced pimento in a jar near the salsas in the supermarket? I've never bought that!